2017 Large item pick-up collection is scheduled for the following dates:
- April 22nd - homes on and north of 75th Street
- April 29th - homes south of 75th Street
Items Collected Include
- Railroad ties (4’ or less in length)
- Fencing (Cut into 4' x 4' sections. Bundle loose pickets for easy collection)
- Tree limbs cut to 4’ feet or less in length and secured in bundles no more than 18” in diameter.
- Carpet (cut into 4' x 4' sections)
Bundle or package loose items. Put only those items not collected by regular trash service.
Special Requirements and Restrictions:
- Large pieces of glass must be broken down and placed in boxes.
- Swing sets must be disassembled.
- No items larger than a household-size refrigerator.
Materials which will NOT be collected include:
- Items weighing more than 150 pounds
- Tree limbs or tree stumps (only limbs/branches cut into 4 ft lengths and bundled)
- Hazardous materials (includes tires, toxic materials, paint, car batteries, fireplace ashes, solvents or oils)
- Excessive quantities of concrete, rubble, or refuse from remodeling, construction or demolition of buildings
- Waste from commercial establishments
- Compressed gas cylinders
Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, ice makers, etc. will be collected but the refrigerant must be removed.
Report Missed Items:
If your home is missed during a large item pick-up please contact the City. The City will verify all requirements and record your name, address, and phone number with a brief description of items missed.