Soccer Field Reservations
The City is pleased to be able to support local recreation teams by providing practice fields for local soccer teams. Soccer fields are available for reservation at the following parks: Taliaferro, Franklin and Porter. Soccer Fields are reserved for teams for the spring and fall seasons. Fields can also be reserved for individual groups for $7.50 per hour. Contact the City Clerk's Office at 913-381-6464 for more information.
Download the Soccer Field Reservation Application [PDF]
The City Council has set a fee of $80 per team for field reservations. This fee is payable with your application and will be refunded if you are unable to get a practice field. The check should be made payable to the "City of Prairie Village."
- Teams are allowed a maximum of two - 1½ hour practices per week.
- Team rosters are required for all teams. They need to include the team members home address, the school they attend and their age to verify the team's eligibility as a preferred Prairie Village Team.
- Uncontested practice requests will be filled and a permit will be mailed to coaches.
- Teams requesting conflicting times will be determined by a lottery. A representative from each team must be present to select for their team. (i.e. fields can not be selected by a different coach on behalf of the team coach.) Coaches will be notified by the City Clerk's Office of the date and time of the lottery.
- As names are drawn the coach may select only one field - when all names have been drawn, the second field will be awarded in reverse order of the draw. (i.e. first name drawn will have the first & last selection)
- No permits will be issued without a team roster on file.
Note: The Council Policy on the reservation of fields states that fields will be awarded to Prairie Village teams prior to issuing fields to non-Prairie Village teams.
The Johnson & County Parks & Recreation Department (JCPRD) offers a variety of youth soccer leagues and camps. For more information call 913-438-7275 or visit www.jcprd.com.
Summer Soccer Camps in PV
British Soccer hosts a Soccer Skills camp led by professional coaches from Great Britain at Porter Park. British Soccer camps provide players of all ages and abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international experts. Each day includes individual foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, coached scrimmages, and a daily tournament. Equally important, the Challenger coaching staff provide your child with lessons in respect, responsibility, integrity, sportsmanship and leadership. Camp programs include a free ball and shirt and a free British Soccer jersey for online registrations made 45 days prior to camp! Register online at www.challengersports.com.