On Monday, May 21st, 2007 the Prairie Village City Council adopted the Village Vision Strategic Investment Plan as the City's Comprehensive Plan.
Village Vision is the culmination of over two years of work. It is the combined efforts of hundreds of Prairie Village residents, a dedicated Steering Committee, elected officials, and city staff.
The Village Vision Strategic Investment Plan contains 48 recommendations on issues ranging from redevelopment, to land use, to parks. Some of these recommendations include:
- Update zoning and building codes to encourage home renovation
- Encourage mixed-use development
- Revitalize 75th Street into a boulevard
- Encourage small, independent businesses
- Explore the future development of Corinth Square
To learn more about the Village Vision Strategic Investment Plan, download the plan documents below. A paper copy of the Plan is also available for review at the City Clerk's office and at the Corinth Library.
- Village Vision Summary Brochure [PDF]
- Report Volume (Includes 2012 Mission Valley Middle School Amendment) [PDF]
- Appendices Part 1 [PDF]
- Appendices Part 2 [PDF]
In 2009, the City Council adopted the Parks & Recreation Master Plan and incorporated it into the Village Vision.
2009 Parks & Recreation Master Plan Documents
- Credits and TOC [PDF]
- Master Plan Summary [PDF]
- Inventory and Analysis [PDF]
- Surveys Summary [PDF]
- Vision and Goals [PDF]
- Comprehensive Parks Master Plan [PDF]
- Trails System Summary [PDF]
- Individual Parks and Details [PDF]
- Recreation Programs Recommendations [PDF]
- Opinion of Probable Project Costs [PDF]
- Prioritization and Implementation [PDF]
- Financial Analysis [PDF]
- Appendix [PDF]