Annual Large Item Pick Up
It’s time to get rid of unwanted junk from your garage or basement during the City’s annual large item pick-up.
- Saturday, April 14, 2018: Residents north of 75th Street, and on 75th Street
- Saturday, April 21, 2018: Residents south of 75th Street
- Items must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
Items collected include:
- Railroad ties (4’ or less in length)
- Fencing (cut into 3’ x 4’ sections. Bundle loose pickets for easy collection.)
- Tree limbs cut to 4’ or less in length and secured in bundles not more than 18” in diameter.
- Carpet (cut into 4’ x 4’ sections)
- Items not collected by regular trash service
Items should be no larger than a standard-size refrigerator. Republic will pick up refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and ice makers, however, the refrigerant must be removed. Loose items should be bundled.
For complete large item pick-up rules visit www.pvkansas.com/largeitempickup. If you have additional questions, call Republic Services at 913-281-4343. This is a free service for Prairie Village residents, so take advantage of this opportunity to clean up!